Friday 5 April 2013

New Social Classes (from April 2013)

I decided to do some research into the different classes that would watch my film. I wanted information on the background of where abouts they would live and their occupation. My research showed me that from April 2013 there has been a change in the social classification groups.

Elite - the most highest group in the UK in terms of wealth
Established middle class - the second wealthiest
Technical middle class - a small but distinctive class
New affluent workers - socially and culturally active.
Traditional working class - Not at the level of being deprived with reasonably high house values.
Emergent service workers - relatively poor but has high social and cultural capital
Precariat, or precarious proletariat - the poorest, most deprived class

No comments:

Post a Comment